Recipe by SusieQusie
I'm always on the lookout for healthy lunches and snacks for the grandkids. They love these! The serving size listed is based on the number of tortillas used to get a true picture of nutritional data. No way this serves 6 as written!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Really enjoyed the combo of Fuji apples & the cheddar cheese ~ Quite a bit like the apple pie & cheese combo that my mom used to make! And, although I'm not usuallya big on whole wheat tortillas, they definitely worked in this recipe! Will certainly be making these again & again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend tag]
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 12 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced (any sweet, crunchy variety like Gala or Fuji)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 2–3 tablespoons cheese over one half of tortilla.
- Place several apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of cheese then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top of apples and fold tortilla in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat and cook quesadillas until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides.