Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm always on the lookout for healthy lunches and snacks for the grandkids. They love these! The serving size listed is based on the number of tortillas used to get a true picture of nutritional data. No way this serves 6 as written!
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 12 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced (any sweet, crunchy variety like Gala or Fuji)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle 2–3 tablespoons cheese over one half of tortilla.
- Place several apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of cheese then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top of apples and fold tortilla in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat and cook quesadillas until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides.
Really enjoyed the combo of Fuji apples & the cheddar cheese ~ Quite a bit like the apple pie & cheese combo that my mom used to make! And, although I'm not usuallya big on whole wheat tortillas, they definitely worked in this recipe! Will certainly be making these again & again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend tag]
Mmmm... I just made this for lunch. I have never had the combination of apples and cheese, before trying this. I sprayed the griddle with cooking spray and used a flour tortilla and American cheese, because I didn't have the right ingredients - but I'm not gonna fault the chef for my not going to the grocery store...hehe. I am definitely going to make this again (with the RIGHT stuff). :) Thanks!
This was a very yummy snack! I used extra old cheddar and Granny Smiths. I kept thinking I'd love something to dip it in but wasn't sure what...caramel, sour cream, creme fraiche? Anyway, I didn't and they were very good. I can see making these very often. Thanks for a quick, tasty, good for you snack :)