Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious served as an appetizer or an quick and easy lunch. Delicious served with Cranberry Coleslaw! (Cranberry Coleslaw)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 apples, washed and sliced (any sweet, crunchy variety like Gala or Fuji)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Sprinkle 2–3 tablespoons cheese over one half of tortilla.
- Place several apple slices, barely overlapping, on top of cheese.
- Then sprinkle 2 more tablespoons of cheese on top of apples and fold tortilla in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat and cook quesadillas until the cheese melts and the tortillas are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with Cranberry Coleslaw.
Must try for those who love apples and cheese together - and that would be me!! I did mine on whole wheat soft pita using a panini press and loved it. The directions are confusing because they refer to Cranberry Coleslaw in directions #1-6 - just skip to #7 if you just want the sandwich part. I went ahead and made the slaw since I had the stuff already on hand but it certainly isn't necessary to enjoy this yummy apple/cheese quesadilla. Instead of butter, I used non-stick spray and fat-free cheddar for the cheese - great combo! Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.