Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty sandwich and fun to make and eat! Adapted from the US Apple Consumers Association.
Make and share this Apple-Cheddar Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples, thinly sliced (I like Braeburn or Fuji or Gala)
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat panini press on medium heat(or use 2 heavy skillets-one to put on top of the panini while cooking to press it).
- Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread.
- Layer apple slices and cheese over 4 slices of bread, using about ½ apple and 2 ounces of cheese for each sandwich. Top each with remaining bread slices. Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray(or coat skillet.
- Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
This is a great sandwich, not only because it tastes great but also because I usually have all ingredients on hand. Next time I will try with prosciutto.
Yum!! I made this just like a grilled cheese, but it was still delicious :D I loved the honey mustard :D I'll defiantly make this again(: Thanks!
Since our panini press was packed away in our RV for the winter, I just grilled it in a pan on the stove top. I used thin slices of Gala apples and both DH and I were pleasantly surprised by the taste and crunch that the apples added to the sandwich. Yummy! Made for the VIP of Veg 'N Swap #20.