Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Apple Cheddar Palmiers are the perfect party snack! They are quick to put together, and you can refrigerate or freeze until you are ready to use them. Then just slice and bake! They can even be baked ahead if you so desire, because they taste incredible at room temperature!
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high. Saute the apples and shallots in butter for 3-5 minutes. Add the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay each piece of puff pastry on its own piece of parchment paper and roll them lightly.
- Top both pieces with apple mixture and distribute evenly. Then top with them with shredded cheese.
- Fold the pastry sheets inward ¼ of the width on both ends. Fold in again so that the dough meets in the middle. Fold one more time.
- Wrap the rolls in the paper and put the rolls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill before cutting. (Wrap them well if you are prepping ahead).
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Carefully slice each roll into 12-15 ½ inch slices and lay flat on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Whisk the egg and brush it over the tops. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool before lifting!