I found this recipe in a booklet from MOTT'S Applesauce and thought that they sounded really good. The booklet suggests serving these with chili.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in cheese and nuts.
- Add apple sauce; stir just until moistened.
- On floured surface, knead dough gently 5 or 6 times.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press into 8-inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into wedges; separate slightly.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.