1/4 Photos of Apple Cheddar Nut Scones
I found this recipe in a booklet from MOTT'S Applesauce and thought that they sounded really good. The booklet suggests serving these with chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F
- 2In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Using pastry blender or fork, cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Stir in cheese and nuts.
- 5Add apple sauce; stir just until moistened.
- 6On floured surface, knead dough gently 5 or 6 times.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet; press into 8-inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Cut into wedges; separate slightly.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 12 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cheddar Nut Scones
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 396.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g