Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
From "Down Home Cookin'", this recipe is delicious! It's sweet and savory :P
Top Review by ScrappieDoo
Just took these out of the oven and couldn't wait to eat one! They smelled so good when they were baking! I think next time I will add a bit more cheese. I also realized with my first bite that I forgot the salt. Oopsie! Crucial, since my first thought was that they were a tad bland. Duh! (the salt will definitely take care of that!) I ended up making 9 muffins instead of 12. I sprayed the muffin pan with cooking spray and these popped right out.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, oil, applesauce and sugar. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together; add all at once with Cheddar cheese to egg mixture.
- Stir only until flour mixture is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Divide batter among 12 greased muffin cups. (Cups will be more than 2/3 full).
- Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin pan 5 minutes. Run knife around outer edges of each muffin; turn out onto rack to cool completely.