Recipe by Dancer^
These are perfect for breakfast or as a easy dessert, school lunches or car rides.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat granola
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine applesauce, eggs, apple juice concentrate, and oil.
- Blend with a whisk.
- Stir in flour mixture, 2 cups of granola, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Spread into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Top bars with remaining cheese and 1/2 cup granola.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes; cut into bars.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.