Top Review by SuzTheQ
Made these today- they are SO good! Made exactly as written- used pecan cookie pieces (small chips) for the nuts. I have been wanting to try them for awhile, and glad I did! I love that they are not too sweet- perfectly savory/sweet. Will be making these again and again, for sure! Thanks truebrit!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, Sharp, Shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, Cored,Peeled,Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the combined dry ingredients, blending well.
- Stir in the cheese, apples and nuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack or plate.