Recipe by Miss Erin C.
This is great to serve at a brunch, or as breakfast on Sunday morning after church.
Top Review by The Pixelated Vegetarian
I thought this was too sweet - I'd reduce the topping to 2/3. I'd also put more cheese on this. And maybe it was the way I sliced the apples, but I didn't need nearly five cups - it was more like three.
- 1⁄4 cup flour, divided
- 1 (1 lb) loaffrozen yeast bread dough, thawed
- 5 cups sliced tart apples
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (omit if using apple pie spice)
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, , about 2 cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour, roll out bread dough until slightly larger than the sheet.
- Place dough on sheet, stretching to fit, roll edges slightly to form a shallow rim.
- Spread apples evenly over dough.
- In a small bowl, combine sugars, 2 Tbls flour, cinnamon and nutmeg (or apple pie spice).
- Mix well and sprinkle over apples.
- Dot with the butter.
- Sprinkle with cheese evenly over.
- Bake until the apples are tender and the cheese is bubbly, 25-35 minutes.
- Serve warm.