Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a pretty delish salad that is really low in calories. The original recipe I found called for chives but I altered it to green onions because I liked the taste a little bit better. And after eating a small plate of it, I was pretty full so I think it would be good as either a dish to add to a BBQ or even just a side dish for a brunch. It could go either way.
- 1. Whisk together first 6 items - through ground pepper.
- 2. Cut celery into tiny matchsticks and toss with dressing. Let stand about 15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, place lemon juice in a bowl with the sliced granny smiths. Make sure your apples are cut thinly and the centers cut out. This will help make sure the apples do not turn brown.
- 4. Starting with apple slices, layer them with the celery sticks and dressing, alternately.
- 5. Garnish with extra dressing or green onions, if you like!