Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet and tart. Great in the summer w/ grilled pork.
- 2 tart apples, peeled and cored and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 celery ribs, diced into 1-inch pieces, include the leaves
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, start with only 1/8
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt, if needed to taste
- Toss the diced apples with the lemon juice.
- Add the diced celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar and tarragon.
- Pour mayo mixture over salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Chill and serve.
Perfect! I halved the recipe and used Splenda, dijon mustard (not the grainy kind) and 1 T light mayo. Salt *really* brought out the flavors in this dish. I had some of it on a FlatOut wrap with tuna and it was great (although I will dice smaller if I do that again) and I had some plain and that was great too. I will definitely make this again. I had everything I needed in the house, and it was inexpensive and versatile.
This is very yummy. I did half the recipe and used a granny smith apple. I used reduced fat mayonnaise. I used grainy dijon mustard. Thanks Parsley :) Made for Market tag
Simple and delicious. 1/8 c mayo was plenty. I used 1 packet splenda instaed of sugar.