Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This healthy salad contains more than 1 serving of fruits & veggies in it. It is full of crisp celery, sweet apples, and crunchy walnuts, all coated with a creamy cinnamon dressing. Very yummy and satisfying! From Company's Coming cookbook.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, with peel, cored, quartered and sliced (like mcIntosh)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Dressing: Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add next 3 ingredients. Stir until coated.
- Place 1 large lettuce leaf on each plate. Spoon apple mixture onto each.
This was a yummy salad and quite easy to make. I didn't have walnuts, but I used honey roasted almonds and added in some orange cranberries and raspberry cranberries. It turned out nicely.
So delicious- I gave up sugar and have been craving something sweet. I do allow myself one fruit a day, and I used Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla yogurt which only has 8 grams of sugar for the entire cup! I omitted the honey, and since I had used Vanilla yogurt, it was perfect! This is so delicious!!!
Wonderful salad. I used 1 tsp of Splenda in place of the honey, the rest was "by the book". This is so refreshing the apple was on the tart side and juicy, the celery crisp and fresh. The walnuts are the perfect final touch. So simple to make and an absolute treat.