A delightfully different slaw style salad. You can use more or less horseradish to suit your taste. I love to serve this as a pre-dinner salad spooned on top of a bed of watercress or part of a large buffet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cheese into matchsticks and put in a large bowl.
- 2Peel celery root and apples and cut into matchsticks.
- 3Add celery root, apples, and lemon juice to cheese, tossing gently.
- 4In a small bowl stir together remaining ingredients and add to slaw, tossing gently.
- 5Slaw may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- 6Add additional horseradish to taste before serving if necessary.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Celery Root and Gruyere Salad
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.2
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 804.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: