Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
Another favourite gingery recipe from "Red, Hot and Green". The book describes this as invigorating, refreshing and lusty in flavour! Low calorie and fat but still satisfying. Could be fat free by eliminating the oil and peanuts. My family is crazy about this taste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 large Asian pears, cored and slivered
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and slivered
- 3 inches gingerroot, peeled and slivered
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted peanuts, for garnish
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar and peanut oil.
- 2Add the pears, carrots, ginger, and shallots; mix gently.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4The salad can be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 3 hours.
- 5Just before serving add the mint and mix gently.
- 6Serve immediately, garnished with the peanuts.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Carrot Slaw With Ginger Mint Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.9
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice wine vinegar