Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
It is very tasty and goes excellent with pork dishes.
Make and share this Apple Carrot Onion Side Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 3 medium carrots, thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium apples, with skin, cored cut into thin strips (red)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Put butter and nutmeg into a wok or large skillet medium heat.
- Add onion; saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until transparent.
- Add vegetables and apples to the wok or skillet.
- Carefully add water.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve immediately.
Yum! Just what I was looking for to use up some apples. Goes great with parmesan sage pork chops (http://www.food.com/recipe/parmesan-sage-pork-chops-20048)!
This was nice. I was worried because the onion pieces are left so big, but in the end it worked out fine. It *was* indeed a nice accompaniment to pork. I reduced the oil to less then half a tbsp and used olive. The apple taste kind of tames the onion taste, though beware that this has A LOT of onion taste to it. If you like that, then this is definitely for you. I'd like to try it with a red onion or a sweet onion, and a little less of it. It think I'd also like a little more carrots. But a fast healthy weeknight addition that I suspect I will make over and over and probably change a bit each time. Thanks so much!