Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was an entry in RSC #10.
Make and share this Apple Carrot Finger/Tea Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- wheat bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, toss the lemon juice with the finely chopped apple.
- Add the softened cream cheese, brown sugar and milk and beat well.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spread onto crustless bread, sandwich and cut into squares or triangles.
These finger sandwiches have a delicate flavor, we liked the crunchiness of the nuts! Good luck in the contest!
My first time making finger sammiches. I took them to work and everybody loved them and wanted the recipe. Nice for lunch or snacks.
These make nice, different tea sandwiches which I enjoyed. I liked the crunch of the apples and carrot mixed with the creaminess of the cream cheese. I didn't add any of the milk since my low fat cream cheese was quite creamy already and the milk would have made it a little runny. I think the filling would also be excellent on graham crackers. Good luck in RSC #10!