Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Light Cooking. A side dish that's not only good, but good for you.
- 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook carrots in boiling water 5 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Layer carrots and apples in lge casserole.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and nutmeg in small bowl; sprinkle over carrots and apples.
- Dot with margarine and add orange juice and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
I really liked the combination of the apple and carrot...I wasn't so sure about the topping though. Maybe I put a bit too much flour on as some of it just stayed as it was and didn't get soaked up whilst in the oven. However I don't want to sound too negative as it was a good recipe! Thanks.