Recipe by zinkemomx2
This is a very heavy cake. A great cake for freezing. Less than 2.5 points per serving.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1⁄8 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*f. Grease and flour 9x9 pan.
- Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In smaller bowl mix applesauce, sugars, and egg whites.
- Gradually add wet ingredients to dry.
- Stir in grated carrots, apples, raisins, and pecans until just combined.
- Pour into baking pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely on wire rack.