1/1 Photo of Apple Carnival Buns
Traditionally these were served in Denmark during carnival celebrations and are usually served with nuts and raisins. I edited the recipe to include apples (which I love) and omitted the nuts. Don't exceed the amount of filling though because they may burst when baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line baking sheet with parchment paper and prepare roll mix as directed, adding sugar and cinnamon to the dry ingredients.
- 2Blend apples, sugar, and lemon juice and fold in raisins.
- 3Divide roll dough in half and roll each half into 16 by 8 rectangle.
- 4Using a pizza cutter, cut into 4 inch squares.
- 5Place 1 tbsp filling in the center of each square and pull corners together, overlapping.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 and place buns, seam side down, on the baking sheet. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- 7Bake buns about 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Allow to cool.
- 8In a small bow, mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth and drizzle icing over the cooled buns.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Carnival Buns
Serving Size: 1 (1636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 367.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g