Recipe by Mammabear
I overcooked my apples and I saw in a grocery store Apple Caramel Syrup and thought I could do this and tried it. I have a baking apple tree and so they are tart apples. I was just trying something new and different. Can use as Ice Cream Topping or Pancake/Waffle Syrup.
- 4 cups apples (with juice)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Karo syrup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Mrs Richardson's caramel topping (I am sure a person could use reg. caramels and melt them in the kettle while cooking too)
Directions See How It's Made
- I happened to over cook my apples after I peeled and cored them so they were to soft to even try to get them out and drain them.
- (I had a canner full of apples.) So I mashed them with the juice, (left some lumps) and came up with this recipe.
- You can use it as Ice cream Topping, or Pancake/waffle syrup.
- I put the apple mixture in a kettle and heated.
- I added the sugar, Karo Syrup,& Mrs.
- Richards Caramel Topping and brought to a boil for a couple minutes and put into pint jars and process them for 30 minutes to make sure they sealed.