Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
came from Food and family magazine that belonged to my daughter
- 35 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- 236.59 ml milk
- 85.04 g instant vanilla pudding
- 113.39 g Cool Whip
- 595.33 g apple pie filling
- Place caramels and 3 tbls milk in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until caramels are melted; stir until smooth -- Reserve 1/3 cup caramel mixture.
- Pour remaining caramel mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans.
- Pour 1 cup milk into large bowl -- add dry pudding mix, beat with wire whisk about 2 minutes -- gently stir in whipped topping -- spoon into crust.freze 4 hours or overnight --
- spoon pie filling over pudding mixture.warm remaining caramel mixture in small micowaveable bowl on HIGH 30 secons or until caramel is smooth.
- drizzle over apple pie filling -- serve immediately.
this is tasty, but way too hard to eat thanks to the cold caramel. in the future, i will melt the caramels with 1/4c whipping cream instead of 3T milk. other than being so chewy that i got a jaw workout, it was yummy!
I made this using my Graham-cracker Crust (microwave) and no sugar pudding and Cool Whip. It is a very rich and yummy dessert.