Recipe by grandma2969
came from Food and family magazine that belonged to my daughter
Top Review by Melanie2590
this is tasty, but way too hard to eat thanks to the cold caramel. in the future, i will melt the caramels with 1/4c whipping cream instead of 3T milk. other than being so chewy that i got a jaw workout, it was yummy!
- 35 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Place caramels and 3 tbls milk in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until caramels are melted; stir until smooth -- Reserve 1/3 cup caramel mixture.
- Pour remaining caramel mixture into pie crust and sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans.
- Pour 1 cup milk into large bowl -- add dry pudding mix, beat with wire whisk about 2 minutes -- gently stir in whipped topping -- spoon into crust.freze 4 hours or overnight --
- spoon pie filling over pudding mixture.warm remaining caramel mixture in small micowaveable bowl on HIGH 30 secons or until caramel is smooth.
- drizzle over apple pie filling -- serve immediately.