Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Kids of all ages will like these, it's like carmel apples. Good to take in lunches or anywhere.
Make and share this Apple Caramel Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 12 caramel candies, chopped
- In a large bowl mix together first 4 ingredients.
- In a small bowl blend egg, milk& vanilla.
- Add melted butter& then pour into mixture& stir-do not overmix.
- Mix in apples& caramels.
- Fill muffin cups& bake 20@ 350 or until toothpick comes out clean.
I have been wanting to try this recipe ever since I added it to my cookbook. I would definitely make it again. I put 2/3 c chopped apples and I think next time I will use less caramels ( I think I might pour a little batter in, place a chunk of caramel in the middle, and pour more batter over the top so the caramel won't be melted around the tops). I really enjoyed the flavor, though, and would definitely make these again! Thanks for posting the recipe!!