2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Holidays at Home.
My Private Note
Bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups baking apples, pared, cored, and diced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and oil; beat until well mixed.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- 4Add flour mixture to egg mixture gradually, beating constantly.
- 5Add in vanilla; mix to combine.
- 6Sprinkle apples w/ lemon juice; add apples and walnuts to batter; combine well (yes, batter will be VERY thick).
- 7Spoon batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan or large tube pan.
- 8Bake in a 325° oven for 75 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 9Remove cake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 10Turn out cake onto a serving plate and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 11To make the glaze: melt butter in a small saucepan; add in remaining ingredients; stir as you bring to a rolling boil.
- 12Boil rapidly for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 13Cool slightly and spoon over cooled cake, allowing glaze to run down sides.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Caramel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1930 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7525.4
- Calories from Fat 4128
- Total Fat 458.7 g
- Saturated Fat 84.1 g
- Cholesterol 730.3 mg
- Sodium 2924.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 806.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.8 g
- Sugars 486.5 g
- Protein 78.1 g