1 hr 25 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
I wanted more verity to use my caramel flavoring I bought and found this on the web. By Marilyn Helton Dietary Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups French bread, cut in 1-inch cubes, divided
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1/4 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavoring (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray an 8-inch square baking dish or 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Place 2 cups of the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the applesauce, raisins, caramel flavoring and nutmeg.
- 5Blend well and spoon evenly over the bread cubes.
- 6Top with remaining 2 cups of bread cubes.
- 7Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- 8Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- 9Gradually whisk in the milk and pour over the bread cubes.
- 10Let stand for 10 minutes while you prepare the topping.
- 11Combine flour and sugar in a small bowl.
- 12Using a pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
- 13Sprinkle over top of bread mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- 14Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 15Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Caramel Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 958.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: