Recipe by JSkizzle
Here's one for the grill. They can be baked in the oven too but I haven't tried them that way so I can't recommend a temperature or time. The recipe comes from Marlboro.
Top Review by Anemone
We love these while camping. They are super easy to prepare, wrap in foil and place on the grill over the campfire. I especially like how they can be personalized by adding or omitting the raisins and nuts.
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large baking apples (such as Granny Smith, Macintosh, or Rome)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, raisins, nuts, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Core apples and place on individual sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the center of each apple.
- Place butter on top of each apple and wrap apples tightly in foil.
- Place on a preheated grill and cover.
- Cook for about 1/2 hour or until tender.