Prep 4 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe is modified from a recipe of a food item served in Gloria Jean's Coffee. It may be sort of a strange combination but despite that it soon became my favourite afternoon snack and brain food.
- 1⁄2 bagel
- 1⁄4 red apples or 1⁄4 green apple
- camembert cheese or brie cheese or fried camembert cheese
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- On the half of a bagel, spread camembert or brie. If you choose to use fried camembert, search the recipe on Recipezaar, if you choose this option add the fried camembert last.
- Slice the apple into thin slices or however you like it.
- Place them on the bagel and heat the bagel in the toaster for 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- If you choose to use cinnamon, just sprinkle the cinnamon over the toasted bagel.
- Its ready to eat!
I love apples with cheese so placing it on a bagel was a wonderful idea! I used brie and will certainly try camembert in the future. Pears might also be an interesting choice. I think that I will toast my bagel lightly before melting the cheese next time - just a personal preference. What a delicious start to the day or a great snack. Thanks Tiger.lily :)
A nice breakfast or anytime treat. I think that any soft cheese would be excellent with this. I used goat cheese and sprinkled the apples with a cinnamon sugar mixture. Something that is great for those busy mornings. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*