Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just tried this and thought I'd share. The sauce takes this over the top.
Make and share this Apple Cake With Warm Caramel Pecan Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Caramel Pecan Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cream butter and sugar and add eggs. Add flour, spices, soda, salt and vanilla.
- Mix for one minute. Mix in apples and nuts.
- Pour into a 9-inch spare pan and bake for 40-45 min at 350*.
- For Sauce:.
- Melt butter in saucepan; add nuts and cook, stirring over medium-high heat until toasted, about 3 minute.
- Add brown sugar and cream and cook, stirring, until sauce boils.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Thanks for the wonderful recipe. With fruit being so expensive these days, apples are still fair priced or it may be that I live in Washington state where they are plentiful. In anycase I buy a lot when my grandchildren come to visit. I guess mom buys a lot too, cause they said they were tired of apples. I told them that we'd have to find something to do with the apples, and we found your recipe. Now they want me to make this cake every time they come over instead of real apples. Thanks for sharing.