Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 cups apples, cored, Peeled, Diced
- 4 ounces margarine (1 cube)
- 1 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch oblong pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- Add remaining cake ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center of cake.
- Cook icing ingredients in small saucepan 2 1/2 minutes and pour over warm cake.
This is a really good cake. We especially liked the icing on this.
I had an easy time making this cake. The end result is delicious, although a little too moist. Definitely a great cake to serve with tea.
Only reason this wasn't a 5 is because of my DH (he's my expert taster) It really should have a 4 1/2 - it is soooo easy to make and really tasty. I did add cinnamon and nutmeg but apparently not enough. Just needed a little more flavor. I added 1 cup of raising (DH's request) and omitted the icing - it is wonderful with ice cream or with cool whip on top! Thanks for a great recipe - we'll be making this again!!