Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery.
Make and share this Apple Cake With Cinnamon Sugar Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil (canola is preferred)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 566.99 g can sliced apples, drained and patted dry
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- To make the cinnamon sugar topping: in a small bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- To make the cake: In a small mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, and eggs, using an electric mixer on medium speed; beat for about 3 minutes or until light and thick.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg/sugar/oil mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating after each addition until smooth.
- In another bowl, toss the apples with half the cinnamon-sugar topping; then stir half the apples into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lightly floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Drop the remaining apples on top of the batter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60-70 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Yummy, yummy, yummy!! Super moist and.....yummy, yummy, yummy! My boys are going to eat it all, so I'm running to get more. Thanks for this recipe!