1/1 Photo of Apple Cake With Cinnamon Sugar Topping
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From the Magnolia Bakery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (canola is preferred)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced apples, drained and patted dry
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1To make the cinnamon sugar topping: in a small bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- 2To make the cake: In a small mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3In a larger mixing bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, and eggs, using an electric mixer on medium speed; beat for about 3 minutes or until light and thick.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the egg/sugar/oil mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating after each addition until smooth.
- 5In another bowl, toss the apples with half the cinnamon-sugar topping; then stir half the apples into the batter.
- 6Pour the batter into a greased and lightly floured 10-inch tube pan.
- 7Drop the remaining apples on top of the batter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- 8Bake in a 325 degree oven for 60-70 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- 9Let the cake cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- 10Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake With Cinnamon Sugar Topping
Serving Size: 1 (1628 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3979.4
- Calories from Fat 1509
- Total Fat 167.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 457.1 mg
- Sodium 3322.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 586.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.7 g
- Sugars 361.1 g
- Protein 47.9 g