1 hr 30 mins
The apples are insanely delicious this time of year, so I decided to pull out my favorite apple cake recipe, originally published in Bon Appetit years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- 3Add sugar, oil, vanilla, and orange juice.
- 4On low speed, blend in flour mixture.
- 5Fold in apples, walnuts, and coconut.
- 6Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan.
- 7Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until cake tests done.
- 8Invert cake onto a large plate or platter.
- 9Deeply puncture the top of the warm cake with a skewer or pick.
- 10In a small saucepan, bring all sauce ingredients to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 11Immediately spoon 1 1/4 cups of the sauce slowly over the top of the cake, then pour the remainder down the sides.
- 13Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake With Buttermilk Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.4
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g