Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family enjoys this--hope yours will as well. I have tried various kinds of apples--golden delicious work well here although I have made it with Granny Smith. I did not peel the apples before grating.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 medium apples, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Cream butter and sugar together; beat in egg, vanilla and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in grated apples and pour into a greased 8x8-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with butter sauce.
- To prepare BUTTER SAUCE:.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in sugar, brown sugar, and half and half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- *****NOT SURE IF IT IS 1 1/2 OR 1/2 CUP OF BROWN SUGAR FOR SAUCE. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU PREPARE AND DECIDE.