- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups peeled cored and finely shredded apples
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Mix the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda and cinnamon together in a medium bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the shredded apples and dates until they are completely distributed throughout.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly into the batter.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease it with butter and pour in the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Put the confectioners' sugar in a sifter and dust it over the cake a few times until all the sugar is gone.