Recipe by Aimee88
I developed this recipe from a blueberry muffin recipe, incorporating my diet preferences and using ideas from my Grandma's best cake.
- 0.22 lb butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄16 cup sour milk
- 0.33 lb porridge oats, ground or processed
- 0.22 lb gluten-free flour
- 1 cup apple, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Notes: Cake can also be sweetened with dates by simmering dates in water until they are quite mushy and most of the water has been absorbed. I would use between 150-200g dates. Adjust baking powder to 1/2t if you use self-raising flour, and use whatever flour you prefer. Sour milk can be made by adding 1T vinegar or lemon juice to sweet milk.
- Optional additions: raisins, sultanas or berries.
- Combine butter and honey. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- Alternate milk and flours, stirring each time until well combined.
- Stir in apples and any other additions.
- Bake in round or square baking tin at 175°C/350°F for about 30 minutes. Cake will be firm to the touch and a toothpick should come out clean.