1/1 Photo of Apple Cake (No Wheat, No Sugar)
I developed this recipe from a blueberry muffin recipe, incorporating my diet preferences and using ideas from my Grandma's best cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Notes: Cake can also be sweetened with dates by simmering dates in water until they are quite mushy and most of the water has been absorbed. I would use between 150-200g dates. Adjust baking powder to 1/2t if you use self-raising flour, and use whatever flour you prefer. Sour milk can be made by adding 1T vinegar or lemon juice to sweet milk.
- 2Optional additions: raisins, sultanas or berries.
- 3Combine butter and honey. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- 4Alternate milk and flours, stirring each time until well combined.
- 5Stir in apples and any other additions.
- 6Bake in round or square baking tin at 175°C/350°F for about 30 minutes. Cake will be firm to the touch and a toothpick should come out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake (No Wheat, No Sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: