Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a nice moist cake , great for fall with the cinammon and apples together :)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs and water.
- When fluffy, stir in coconut, half of the sliced apples and cinnamon.
- Pour batter into a greased 11X9" baking dish.
- Top with remaining apple slices Bake at 350* for approx 40 minutes. **edited to add, when I finally made this , I still had dough in the center, so cooked for an additional 10 minutes. I would start at the 40 minute mark and check it since ovens vary so much.
I loved the taste of this cake. However, it was so moist, it fell apart when I cut it in squares and didn't look presentable. I made this for hubby's work and I like it to look presentable. I had to cook mine for 50 minutes.
I just loved this cake! I made it in honour of receiving a small part of the Florida Lotto y'day. My dad just loved it:) Thank you for the recipe!