Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful "old fashioned" cake very moist and tasty. When I tasted this cake I had to have the recipe.
- Mix the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- This will be a very stiff batter.
- Stir in the apples and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
Very nice way to use up the apples on our tree...simple and tastey.
Thanks Karen. Yummy cake. Will definitely make it again. I peeled the apples first and sprinkled them with the cinnamon to keep them from turning brown while I was getting all the other ingredients together.