Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Simple apple cake is a desert or after school treat during apple picking season. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October, 1982)
- 5 apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml corn oil
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Combine apples, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- Arrange in a layer in prepared pan.
- Combine eggs, flour, baking powder and remaining sugar in bowl.
- Stir in oil.
- Pour batter over apples.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into squares and best if served warm.
This cake ia like an apple upside down cake. Next time I will use some brown sugar in the apple mixture. Otherwise it was very good. Ellie2 thanks for posting the recipe.