Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is so easy to throw together, and even easier to make disappear!! It is very moist and flavorful. It is delicious warm from the oven, or served as a snack cake. My friend Trish gave me this recipe, and I know I have made it at least 50 times over the years.
- Cream sugar, oil, eggs, add vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, stir well.
- Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Spread into greased 11 x 7 pan, I prefer a glass baking pan for this cake.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Excellent cake! Even my cake hating husband enjoyed this. The batter was so stiff that I was worried that the recipe was incorrect, but it turned out moist and fluffy and tasty! This is sure to become a family fave.
The cake was great and everyone loved it. I did make a few changes. I substituted the oil with applesauce and I added raisins instead of nuts.
Not a cake i will make again. i had to cook it 20min longer than instructions said because center was still very runny. tasted very sugary and it overpowered the apples.