Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one my favorite cakes to make: moist and yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Hot Caramel Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- In large bowl, cream the butter.
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until well blended.
- Mix in the soda,salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add flour and stir just until blended.
- Fold apples and nuts.
- Pour into an oiled 9" round cake pan and bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes until the top springs back when touches lightly with your fingers.
- Serve with Hot Caramel Sauce.
- In sauce pan melt butter, brown sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and milk.
- Serve warm sauce over cake.