Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom made this Apple Cake during my growing up years. We usually had it when company was over. It's simple, but very delicious. Great for Autumn or anytime of year.
- 4 -5 cups diced raw apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, mix with apples
Add to apples
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
In a separate bowl mix
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (may also add other spices like cloves, allspice, ginger)
- Add dry ingredients to apple mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased/sprayed baking dish and press flat. Bake until done at 350°F degrees for about 1 hour.