Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom made this Apple Cake during my growing up years. We usually had it when company was over. It's simple, but very delicious. Great for Autumn or anytime of year.
- 4 -5 cups diced raw apples
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, mix with apples
Add to apples
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
In a separate bowl mix
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (may also add other spices like cloves, allspice, ginger)
- Add dry ingredients to apple mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased/sprayed baking dish and press flat. Bake until done at 350°F degrees for about 1 hour.