Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is awesome, because it has real chunks of apple in it, is really moist, and is tasty. The mother of one of my friends used to make it whenever we had something special on, and this is the recipe she uses.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Coat the apples with the 50 grams of sugar.
- Leave the apples for 10 minutes, stirring a little every now and them.
- Mix the melted butter with the beaten eggs.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, mixed spice, baking soda and salt) into the liquid mixture and mix lightly.
- Add in the apples, and mix everything together lightly.
- Put the mixture into a greased and floured pan (or into a pan lined with baking paper).
- Sprinkle the top with caster sugar.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees celsius. make sure the cake is cooked through - it is quite doughy and can take quite a long time.