Recipe by Lynda Of Virginia
This is a WW recipe (5pts for orginal recipe) that I have adapted to also be lower in sugar/carbs to make it a good recipe for diabetics as well. I will post points once nutritional calculations are available.
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 -2 large green apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 10-inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and 3/4 cup of slenda in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and cornstarch and fold into the cake batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Layer apple slices in a circular pattern on top of cake. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over apples. Bake for about 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.