Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from recipe found in magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 15 by 11 by 1 jelly-roll pan.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add almond extract.
- Beat in flour on low speed just until blended.
- Spread batter into prepared jelly-roll pan.
- Peel, core and halve apples.
- Thinly slice apples.
- Fan slices neatly in rows over the top of the batter.
- Melt jelly and brush 1/4 cup of it over the apples.
- Bake until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool and brush remaining jelly over cooled cake.