Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is perfect for in the morning with your coffee or tea.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large green apple, peeled,cored,and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and cornstarch.
- Fold the flour mixture into the cake batter.
- Pour into the cake pan.
- Arrange the cut apples on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Very quick and easy to throw together. Cake was slightly dense, and unflavorful for me, but next time (yes, I will make it again!! :)) I will add some cinnamon to the batter. Very good. Thanks for sharing.
THIS WAS SO GOOD! We had it for breakfast and it was delish! I made it exactly as you said, and it truned out wonderful...I think next time I will sprinkle more sugar on the top of it. YUM YUM!!! I dont know why my other review didnt go through, sorry Shari2!