Recipe by Shari2
It is perfect for in the morning with your coffee or tea.
Top Review by Invisible Kelly
Very quick and easy to throw together. Cake was slightly dense, and unflavorful for me, but next time (yes, I will make it again!! :)) I will add some cinnamon to the batter. Very good. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large green apple, peeled,cored,and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the milk, melted butter and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and cornstarch.
- Fold the flour mixture into the cake batter.
- Pour into the cake pan.
- Arrange the cut apples on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the cake with the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes.