Recipe by cooking for boys!!!
This is the very first cake I ever made as a child, and I've been making it ever since. It is great right out of the oven served with either ice cream or fresh whipping cream. The batter is quite thick and you will have to spread it to fit the pan. Enjoy!
Top Review by Tiggrr
Have made this twice now as the 1st time I took it to work and my coworkers devoured it and told me I needed to make it again. 2nd time my family did the same. My hubby doesn't say a lot but when he goes for 2nds after a big meal I know it was good. I did have to make one adjustment by adding 1/2cup of apple juice to the mix to get a smooth batter then I could spread well in the pan. Left my apples in thin wedges as the first time they were the extra I had left over from making pies and since it worked so well I did the same the 2nd time. This is definitely going on my regular have to make list. Thanks for a great recipe cooking for boys!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and combine.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to butter mixture.
- Add apples and combine.
- Spread batter in a greased 8 x 11 pan. Bake at 350 for 45 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.