Recipe by Isle24
Passed down from my mother this is the best apple cake I have ever tasted. It's moist and full of flavor perfect for the fall or anytime.
Top Review by Olivers' Twist
I love this recipe!! It reminds me of the German Apple Kuchen in a way without all the work involved as this was wayyy easy! It comes out moist and delicious with lots of apples and cinnamon...I was so surprised as when I was making it I thought there was something wrong with the recipe as there didnt seem to be much batter, however, it does rise great and after you add the ton of apples there is plenty to fill the pan...I did add a pinch more cinnamon and also a handful of raisins along with the pecans. This is a keeper of a recipe and I will be making it often!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large apples, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, oil, and eggs in large bowl.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in separate bowl.
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture.
- Add vanilla, apples, and nuts.
- Bake in 9 x 12" greased and floured pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.